Sunday, December 30, 2012

2012 Review, 2013 Changes

Hello, everyone! First of all let me apologize for my absence. This semester was crazy, but you'll be happy to know I passed and the university has asked me to come back. I posted in July about end of the summer and whatnot and there are other review post so this is what has been going on from about August until now. Also, as usual, there is a small rant that I need to talk about. It's been all over my newsfeed and I just need to give my small opinion. Okay well I moved into the biggest sorority house in the SEC, and let me tell you. I love being in a sorority and all that fun stuff, but living in a sorority house is exhausting. I can literally hear the person wearing heels across the house and trying to study is a nightmare. I'm also a huge fan of privacy and having a a kitchen, in this huge house I have neither. However, as of next August I will be in a wonderful big apartment at the Domain of Fayetteville. So I can wait. :) My rugby team and I did really good this semester for most of us never playing before. I'm really excited for next semester. Yes, it is true about my stepbrother. I'm not going to say anything else about it. Just know that if you watched the news, yes that was him. End of story. Okay, nothing else too major happened this semester, I turned 20!!! No more being a teenager!! Yeah, that's about as exciting as that birthday went. The biggest thing about being 20 is I'm starting to notice subtle changes of myself just getting older. For example, I've found a new love in Bath and Body Works, Kirkland's, HGTV, etc. It's embarrassing actually. I have not found a love in soap opera yet though, so I think I'm still okay. ;)
Now for the changes of 2013:
Naturally, I made some mistakes in 2012. However, it's been a learning year. I've learned to cope with things a lot better. With all of my heart scares, I've learned to eat better and just take better care of myself in general. Thus, with it being 2013 in about 24 hours, I've given a lot of thought to what I want my resolutions to be. I want to be back in the shape I was in September, but I want to even excel that point. Just to give you an idea, I could literally run a mile and my six pack was visible slightly. I have decided to get back into the Episcopal church. After going to Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve, I felt relieved and just all around really good. I haven't felt that feeling with a church in awhile. I've kinda steered away from my faith, and I'm going to take baby steps in the right direction. This year I turn 21. So I'll save an entire post on that in November when that happens. I'm going to get out of my comfort zone this year, I'm not sure with what yet. It may be action or just something small. I'm going to try and overcome my shyness and meet 5-10 new people a month.

So that's the past semester in a nutshell and my future goals for this next year. Now for the rant:
Engagements. Marriage. Babies. Okay, now before I say anything let me clarify. This is my opinion. If it makes you angry in any shape or fashion, I'm sorry. It's not meant to be offensive. Send me a message, we can talk about it, and I'll clarify any confusion. Also, I'm not bitter nor am I pointing fingers and casting stones. Now that I have that disclosure out in the open let me begin. Yes, I realize it's Christmas. Tis the season, right? It just seems like everyone on my newsfeed is getting Engaged. Now if you have been dating someone forever and you're older (and by older I mean graduated and have enough stability in your life to handle being married) this DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU. I've been out of high school for about 2 years now. As I believe I have stated in other posts how much marriage terrifies me. If I am wrong, here it is. Marriage terrifies me. The thought of being with the same person for the rest of my life and vice versa, it just seems weird. Not like a bad weird, but I've never seen anything like it. I saw an older couple (70's) holding hands across the table at breakfast this morning. It was seriously the cutest thing I have ever seen. I love that! I can't wait to have that. I don't believe in getting divorced. I think just about anything is fixable and I honestly believe til death do us part. It's a huge commitment and I think a lot of people are losing the meaning of marriage. They are doing it just because that is how we are programmed being from a small town. There is so much to life that settling down at 19 and 20. I feel like the earlier you get married the sooner you're just going to get divorced. I am single, and I'm not even in a serious relationship. I'm not even in a non-serious relationship. I'm not being pessimistic about the whole idea. I can't wait to get married, when it's my time to get married. When I find that person that I honestly can not live my life without and they are more world, then I can be on the engagement train like the rest of you. I want my degree. I want to be able to support myself before I even try to add someone on that level of seriousness. With marriage comes responsibilities that I'm just not ready for yet. I'm okay with that. Now as far as babies go, I love babies. Correction: I love other people's babies. I couldn't even imagine getting pregnant right now. On the post about 16 and pregnant you know my thoughts on that whole issue. Pregnancy I think scares me more than marriage. I can walk away from marriage, I can't walk away from a kid. Plus, with my genetics I have a chance of knocking out about 2 or 3 at one time. Thank you for your sympathy. Anyways, I just wish more people my age would think about their actions before they do anything super irrational or just do something that could seriously change their lives forever. Don't do something before you're ready. Until next year, don't be afraid to go for that New Year's Kiss.

I love you all,
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!!
-Alexa

No comments:

Post a Comment