Sunday, May 20, 2012

Been Awhile.. Update

Hello everyone! Well, I started this as a class assignment, but I think I'm going to keep it personally. I think if I rant on here it will keep me from getting on my other social media sites and blowing up on people's news feeds. Thus, since it has been so long since I have posted anything, I'll give everyone an update on my life. Well, I finished my first year of college. I passed which is also important. I've learned how to truly study, and I came to the conclusion of what I want to major in, which is political science with a minor in legal studies since the U of A doesn't technically have a Pre-Law program. I have gained so many friends this year, and I've met so many people, partially because I joined Alpha Omicron Pi and the University of Arkansas Women's Rugby Team. However, with all of the highs this year, there were also many lows. I lost two people that were very close to me. First, I lost my friend from high school Tanner Nalley the Sunday before finals week I was suppose to come home from college for Christmas break. Then, almost 5 months to the day, my dear Aunt Carol died. Losing them, has impacted my life in the greatest ways. Life is just so short and shouldn't be taken for granted. It's taught me to really value my friendships, as well as they have shown me who my real friends are. Because I have been gone in Fayetteville, which is 3 hours from home, I have become distant. I rarely come home. I know that 3 hours doesn't seem a lot especially to those who live in Texas and whatnot, but it's still a lot. Plus, I had sorority stuff or exams, so I wasn't ever able to come home. I've been home a week, and I still feel like I have to cram all of my friends in that I haven't seen within like every hour of the day. I am still adjusting where I don't have to rush or pack to go back to school. In the past year, I've learned somethings not only about others, but more importantly, myself. I am turning 20 in November. I've grown up a lot, but I still have a long way to go. I'm not sure if that scares me or not, but I am as ready for as I can be. I'm going to try to keep this regularly updated on my life as well as my opinions. My summer goals consist of trying to figure out what truly makes me happy. I hit a few lows this year because of all the stress and just kind of coming into myself. So, whether it's finding a hobby or doing something different in my routine, I'm going to make myself happy. If I meet someone in the process, great. However, this isn't my objective. Everything I'm doing this summer is for me. I've got zero plans or trips, strictly playing everything by ear. In closing, I hope everyone had a wonderful second semester whether it was in high school or college. I know I have so many memories already that I'll never forget. :) Until next time, stay safe. Love everyone. And be nice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment