Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Kony 2012

Sorry, it's been awhile since anything of mine has become updated. It's midterms, oh well. Anyways, more importantly I a bit of a long rant about something today. As most of you know, there is a KONY 2012 video on youtube. In case, you haven't this video is on youtube and it's about the invisible children in Africa. Joseph Kony is a guy that is taking children from their homes and telling them to kill their parents and completely taking away their freedom. He turns boys into child soldiers and girls into sex slaves. This is a very important cause, and yes it is a problem. However, the invisible children foundation has been criticized because it only gives 30% of it's earnings to the children. I'm pretty sure that is more than what any of us are giving on our own. To make money, you have to have money. Another thing is that people are complaining that Kony is nowhere to be found, and it isn't an issue anymore. I'm pretty sure if it wasn't an issue, it wouldn't have been brought up now. Most people that are complaining aren't in Africa; thus, you don't know what's going on. I get it, really I do. However, don't complain or be negative because someone else wants to support a cause. Be respectful. Okay, I think I'm done. Until next time, enjoy the weather!

-Alexa

No comments:

Post a Comment